Monday, August 15, 2016

OOPS!!!!!





I realize I've left something incredibly important out in all these posts! My girlfriend Andrea is my partner in crime for this whole project.

I'll talk about her a little bit, because she may be (probably) doing some guest posting on here, particularly when the kitchen project comes up. I can't say much more than that, because it'll ruin the surprise...

I got the phone call to leave the desert of Arizona and drive out to Virginia to work for a fire department. My dream job. It all fell into place.

Little did I know I'd be introduced to my dream girl.

We ended up in the same academy class, and she ended up sitting right next to me. Funny how chance works sometimes. We fell for each other pretty darn hard, and have realized that we want the same things in a family, as well as life. We want to raise our kids with an ethic of hard work, a pursuit of knowledge, discipline (we will get to that later), and respect for what they've earned in their life, up to and including sacrifices we've made to teach them about all that.

Andrea is a Virginian, a local. She's seen a lot of changes in the area, from the tech boom, to a swelling population to over a million people during your typical work day. She loves baking, lifting weights, crossfit, and I've even tried to get her on the Jiu Jitsu mat every once and a while. I lucked out because this girl LOVES Seattle. It's a regular vacation spot for us. We both feel at ease in that city, there's something special about it. You can either find us training in the weight room, running a trail, or hanging out on the couch if we are feeling particularly lazy. She's the best teammate a guy could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment